JOB POSTING: Art School Manager
Since 1982, Paint Creek Center for the Arts has been dedicated to promoting the arts and artistic excellence through a full range of programming including exhibitions, studio art classes, art market, and the Art & Apples Festival. PCCA is committed to providing a nurturing environment for creative expression and experimentation.
PCCA is seeking a dynamic individual to join PCCA’s efforts to establish itself as the premier art center in the region. The successful candidate will be a multi-talented, collaborative and organized individual with a proven record of art education management. The Art School Manager administers the educational programming of PCCA. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Art School Manager ensures that the art education program fulfills the organization’s mission and maintains the highest level of professional conduct and practice.
- Foster relationships within the regional arts community to promote PCCA as a premier art center.
- Establish annual calendar for education programming.
- Hire, supervise and evaluate PCCA’s contract education faculty, including monitoring contractual agreements.
- Ability to teach studio art classes or substitute for faculty when necessary.
- Establish and monitor curriculum guidelines for studio art classes and other educational programming.
- Develop and maintain database of students.
- Oversee the registrations (both online and in-person) of students for classes and workshops.
- Develop class catalog each term and activate on website.
- Distribute online student feedback surveys to determine satisfaction. Familiarity with Constant Contact a plus.
- Maintain inventory of needed materials and equipment, as well as maintenance schedule for equipment and classroom repairs.
- Manage and promote high school scholarship program, includes selection of recipients.
- Develop and recommend new educational programs that further the mission of PCCA.
- Actively cultivates relationships with educators, scout leaders, community-based organizations and others to develop programmatic partnerships and outreach opportunities.
- Develop annual budget with profitability projections based on analysis of education program performance.
- Collaborate with Director of Exhibitions on annual Student/Faculty Exhibition.
- Prepare press releases and interact with media to promote PCCA Art School.
- Serve as staff lead on Art School committee comprised of board members and advisory members.
- Ability and knowledge of promotions through social media channels (Facebook, YouTube, etc.).
- Ability to work in team environment and provide support to other PCCA programming when necessary.
- Required to work some nights and occasional weekends.
- Ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor of Arts or Fine Arts degree from an accredited college or university in art, art history, art education, or a related field. Michigan teaching certification a plus.
- At least 2 to 5 years of experience with project management related to art education.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated budgeting skills and experience with Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks preferred.
- Experience with art handling and knowledge of gallery or industry standards.
- Proven organizational skills, with strong ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks, work independently and function under pressure.
- Strong ability to interact with the public and high-level individuals and work collaboratively with diverse constituencies.
- The Art School Manager is a salaried position, full-time.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting applications until Friday, December 12, 2014 and interviews will take place December 15-19.