Holiday Art Market – Submit Your Work
That time of year is quickly approaching when Paint Creek Center for Arts (PCCA) transforms it’s main floor and upstairs gallery into a festive Holiday Art Market! This year the Holiday Art Market returns for it’s opening reception and silent auction on Friday, November 11th from 5-8pm. The Holiday Art Market will continue through Saturday, December 17th during PCCA’s regular business hours.
New to the Holiday Art Market? This special retail experience offers unique, handcrafted gifts great for every budget created by Michigan artisans!
Are you a Michigan-based maker? We are currently looking for artists to participate in our Holiday Art Market and share their original work with shoppers this holiday season.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK: Sunday, October 9th by 11:59 P.M.
To be considered for the Holiday Art Market, artists must complete a full application through the link below. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. PCCA will not accept work submitted in any other way. Please read our guidelines and information below before submitting.
GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION:
- Open to Michigan artists, ages 18+.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist. No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind are allowed.
- Work should be priced within a $1 – $300 range, and be of a holiday or winter seasonal theme to fit within the market. Artists creating work for sale at a higher price point are welcome to submit an application for inclusion, but acceptance will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Entries must be delivered to PCCA ready to display.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified or is not representative of the work selected. PCCA reserves the right to control artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Holiday Art Market and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing/shipping work to PCCA and retrieving/shipping from PCCA (if work does not sell). Please note: there is a $100 administrative shipping fee to prep and return artwork via mail on top of any shipping costs and postage if it is not provided to PCCA upon arrival of artwork.
PCCA retains a commission on all sales to cover the cost of overhead, credit card fees, sales tax, insurance, and staffing for the Holiday Art Market. The commission rate is based on membership status with PCCA. Members receive 70% retail sale price, while Non-Members receive 60%. Membership is available for as little as $30 per 365-day period and is considered a tax-deductible donation to PCCA. For more information about our Membership program, please click here.
SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax. A Michigan w9 form must be completed for any artist participating in the Holiday Art Market and will be included in your acceptance packet.
Holiday Art Market Timeline:
Sunday, October 9, 2022: Deadline to submit work. There is no fee to submit work.
Friday, October 21, 2022: Artist acceptance will be emailed. If your work is selected, you will receive an official acceptance letter, vendor contract, inventory sheet(s), Michigan w9 and a link to sign-up for a drop-off time. Completed paperwork is due at the time of artwork drop-off. Due to the number of applications we receive each year, we may not be able to notify artists who are not invited to participate.
Saturday, November 5, 2022: All artwork is due.
November 11 – December 17, 2022: The 2022 Holiday Art Market is open
December 18, 2022 – January 2, 2023: PCCA closed for Winter Break.
Friday, January 6 – Saturday, January 14, 2023: ART PICK UP. If you are not able to retrieve your unsold work during this time, a representative may be allowed to pick up your work- please contact PCCA in advance. Unfortunately, due to limited storage space in the PCCA building, any work that is not picked up by the January 14 deadline may be considered “abandoned” unless an alternate pick-up date/time is scheduled with PCCA prior to the deadline.