That time of year is quickly approaching when Paint Creek Center for Arts (PCCA) transforms its main floor and upstairs gallery into a festive Holiday Art Market! This year the Holiday Art Market will be held from November 11th– December 22nd. Our Holiday Art Market offers unique, handcrafted gifts great for every budget! We are currently looking for artists to participate in our Holiday Art Market and share their original work with our community this holiday season at Paint Creek Center for the Arts.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK: FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 29, 2017 by 5pm.
To be considered for the Holiday Art Market, artists much complete a full application. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. PCCA will not consider work submitted in any other way. Please read our guidelines and information below before submitting to see if you qualify.
GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION:
- Open to artists 18+ from the Midwest Region.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work should be priced within a $5 – $200 range.
- Entries must be ready for display.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried. PCCA reserves the right to control artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the 2017 Holiday Art Market and for future promotion materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA and picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell). Please note: there is a $100 administrative shipping fee to prep and return artwork via mail on top of any shipping costs and postage if it is not provided to PCCA upon arrival of artwork.
PCCA retains 40% commission on all sales.
SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
2017 Holiday Art Market Timeline:
Friday, September 29th, 2017: Deadline to submit work. There is no fee to submit work.
Friday, October 13th, 2017: ACCEPTED artists will be notified of their participation in the 2017 Holiday Art Market via email from the Art Market Manager. If your work is accepted, you will receive an official acceptance letter in this email communication, as well as an artist contract.
Friday, October 27th, 2017: All contracts are due.
Friday, November 4th, 2017: All accepted artwork is due no later than 5PM. Artwork can be mailed or hand delivered to Paint Creek Center for the Arts at 407 Pine St. Rochester, MI 48307. If someone other than the you, the artist, is dropping off your artwork please contact PCCA in advance.
November 11th, 2017 – December 22nd, 2017: The 2017 Holiday Art Market is open!
Friday, January 5th, 2018 – Saturday, January 13th, 2018: ART PICK UP. Any work that is not claimed by 4 PM, Wednesday, January 10th, 2018 will be considered an art donation to PCCA, will not be available for return, and may be used in future fundraising for PCCA. If you are not able to retrieve any unsold work during this time, a representative may be allowed to pick up your work. Please contact PCCA in advance.
PROPOSALS MUST INCLUDE:
- Up to 6 JPEG images of work — each file must be labeled with the title of the work (.jpg/.jpeg, .pdf)
- An image list – to include a thumbnail of work, title of work, dimensions, medium, and retail value (.docx or .pdf preferred)