Are you a Michigan artist interested in showcasing your work through Paint Creek Center for the Arts? The Art Market is a contracted consignment opportunity reserved exclusively for Michigan creators- especially those residing in Southeast Michigan counties. Located on the first floor of PCCA, the Art Market offers a broad variety of original artwork, limited reproductions and handmade goods ranging from $2 to $300 retail price. All merchandise is curated by the Manager of Galleries, and contracts are offered on a 30-day, 90-day, or one year display period. There are no booth rentals, lease, or other up-front fees to participate in the Art Market.
Payment to the artist is issued on a monthly basis for sales made in the month prior. The percentage is determined by the artists membership status with PCCA and the retail price of the item. Artists are listed on PCCA’s website, social media, 1.5K+ recipient eNewsletter each month, as well as outside print and digital marketing whenever available.
Guidelines and Information
- Open to Michigan resident artists, ages 18 years and older.
- Work must be priced between $2 – $300
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist. No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- Artist must hold the trademark for any logos or images used in their artwork. PCCA is not liable for copyright infringement.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work selected. PCCA reserves the right to withhold artist inventory for an appropriate mix of work.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Market and for future promotion materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for transportation of work to and from PCCA.
- COMMISSION: PCCA retains 40% commission on all sales of artwork from Non-Member Artists, and 30% for Member Artists.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.