2018 Members Biennial Exhibition
Paint Creek Center for the Arts is now accepting submissions for our 2018 Members Biennial Exhibition that will be held from May 19 – June 15, 2018.
The 2018 Members Biennial Exhibition occurs every other year, and is an all medium showcase of works from artists who have contributed to Paint Creek Center for the Arts’ (PCCA) mission to promote, encourage, and create opportunities to appreciate and participate in the arts. Both established and emerging artists are welcome and encouraged to submit applications for participation, but an active membership with PCCA is required for final consideration.
Membership with PCCA is active for 365 days, immediately from purchase, and grants discounts for class and workshop registration, early access to class registration and events, the opportunity to participate in the members biennial exhibition and more. To find the full list of membership benefits and Join the Circle, click here.
Submissions for the 2018 Members Biennial must include the following:
- Artist Name
- Title of work, medium, & dimensions (if framed, please include the final framed size)
- Year work was created
- Retail Price (If work is Not for Sale (NFS), please list an insurance value)
At this time, we cannot accept any work that is brought into PCCA for consideration.
The deadline to submit your work for the 2018 Members Biennial Exhibition is Sunday, April 14th by midnight. Submissions not received by this date will not be considered for inclusion in the exhibition.
Guidelines and Information
- Open to active members of Paint Creek Center for the Arts.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work that has been previously exhibited in our Exhibition Gallery, Offsite Gallery, or Art Market will not be accepted.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Exhibitions and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA, picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell).
- PCCA retains 30% commission on sales of artwork sold for Artists who are PCCA Members.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via email on Saturday April 21st, 2018 by 5 PM. If your work is accepted, you will receive an acceptance email along with an artist contract and inventory sheet. These documents must be completed and returned to PCCA upon the delivery of your work. If you are unable to access the documents, copies will be provided for you at PCCA.
- All accepted works must arrive to PCCA between Monday April 30 – Saturday, May 12.
- Artists must bring only accepted works to the gallery for the exhibition. Work in the exhibition must be the work the artist originally submitted for consideration.
- Artists MUST pick up any unsold work between Monday, June 18 – Saturday, June 30, 2018. Any work that is not claimed 30 days after the final day of the exhibition may become the property of PCCA.
- Please limit entries to your best four (4) works.
Accepted 2D artwork must be ready for display. There are alternative ways to hanging work besides custom framing. If you are unable to frame your work, consider mounting it to a sturdy art (archival) board, wood, or even stretched/primed canvas. If you are submitting a painting on canvas or panel, simply add the hanging hardware to the back. Framing is the preferred method of display as it helps protect and showcase the artwork. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions on displaying your accepted artwork.
For more information or questions please contact [email protected], or Jenny at 248-651-4110 ext. 206.