Me! Me? Me. Exhibition
Introspection is defined as “an examination of one’s own thoughts and feelings .” Me! Me? Me. is an opportunity for artists to share their introspective self-portraits.
“When an artist makes a self-portrait, I think they are often trying to project something and reveal something to themselves at the same time. He (Self Portrait, 1660, Rembrandt) may be looking at himself in some sort of mirror to create the image, but he is definitely looking at himself when he finishes it.”
— Jeff Rosenheim, Curator, Department of Photographs, The Met
Cover artwork by PCCA student Chad Gohlke.
Paint Creek Center for the Arts is now accepting submissions for our upcoming “Me! Me? Me.” exhibition to be held in the upstairs gallery from September 21 – October 26, 2019.
If you are an artist residing in Michigan creating work in 2D or 3D media, you are eligible to submit. Each artist may submit up to three pieces for consideration.
The deadline to submit your work for the Me! Me? Me. is July 31, 2019.
GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Open to artists residing in Michigan only.
- All entries must be original, hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work that has been previously exhibited in our Exhibition Gallery, Off-site (Rochester Hills City Hall) Gallery, or Art Market will not be accepted and should not be submitted for inclusion.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Exhibitions and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA, picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell).
- PCCA retains 30% commission on sales of artwork sold for Artists who are PCCA Members, and 40% for non-members.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via email on Friday, August 9, 2019 by 5 PM. If your work is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter along with an artist contract, w9 and inventory sheet. These documents must be completed and returned to PCCA at the time of artwork delivery.
- All accepted works must arrive to PCCA between Monday, August 12– Monday, August 26, 2019. Work not delivered by the August 26 deadline will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists must bring only accepted works to the gallery for the exhibition. Work in the exhibition must be the work the artist originally submitted for consideration. PCCA will not accept or display any work that was not part of the jury process for selection.
- Accepted artwork must arrive ready for display! 2D works must be framed or capable of hanging on the wall. Absolutely no saw-tooth hangers as they damage the gallery felt.
- Artists MUST pick up any unsold work between Monday, October 28– Saturday, November 2, 2019. Any work that is not claimed 30 days after the final day of the exhibition may become the property of PCCA.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] and must include the following:
- Your/Artist Name
- A photo/image of each piece being submitted for consideration (no more than three submissions per artist)
- An image list (single sheet) with thumbnails of all work submitted and the following information: Title of work, year created, medium, and dimensions (if framed, please include the final framed size!)
- Retail Price or “Not For Sale”
- Pay the $10 application fee (required once per artist, see bottom of page)
- OPTIONAL: Artist statement about the works submitted.
Artwork files should be titled with your last name, underscore, the title of the piece, (example: Smith_FlowersInMichigan) and included in your application email as attachments. Admins and jurors MUST be able to easily identify which works have been selected or rejected. Works that are submitted without titles (except for work titled “Untitled”), may not be considered. Artists who do not pay the $10 application fee will not be considered for the show.
We can not accept any work that is brought into PCCA for consideration.
For more information or questions please contact [email protected], or Jenny at 248-651-4110 ext 203.