Members Biennial Exhibition
Paint Creek Center for the Arts is currently accepting submissions for our 2020 Members Biennial exhibition. The 2020 Members Biennial exhibition will *tentatively* open to the public October 3 – October 31, 2020.
Occurring every other year, this all medium exhibit aims to showcase artwork from artists who have contributed to, and showed their support for, Paint Creek Center for the Arts’ (PCCA) through annual membership. Artists from all walks and levels are welcome and encouraged to submit applications for participation so long as they hold an active membership with PCCA.
The theme for the 2020 Members Biennial exhibit is “Inside/Outside” and we request that Member artists submit work of/depicting their favorite interior or exterior spaces. Work that does not meet this theme will not be accepted.
Submissions for the 2020 Members Biennial must include the following:
- Artist Name
- Title of work
- Dimensions (please include the finished ((framed if framed)) size)
- Year finished
- Retail Price (If work is Not for Sale (NFS), please list an insurance value)
Submissions are due July 26 by 11:59PM.
Send submissions and information to: [email protected]
Submissions must be digitally received no later than 11:59PM to be considered. Work not received by this date will be excluded from the exhibition. At this time, we cannot accept any work that is brought into PCCA for consideration.
Guidelines and Information
- Open to members of Paint Creek Center for the Arts only. Membership must be valid throughout the duration of the exhibition.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work that has been previously exhibited in our Exhibition Gallery, Offsite Gallery, or Art Market will not be accepted. Please refrain from re-submitting artwork that has already been displayed with PCCA.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Exhibitions and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA, picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell).
- PCCA retains 30% commission on sales of artwork sold for Artists who are PCCA Members.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via email on August 11, 2020 by end of day. If your work is accepted, you will receive an acceptance email along with an artist packet. These documents must be completed and returned to PCCA upon the delivery of your work. If you are unable to access the documents, copies will be provided for you at PCCA.
- Artists must bring only the accepted artwork to the gallery for the exhibition. Work in the exhibition must be the work the artist originally submitted for consideration.
- Artists MUST pick up any unsold work between November 2– 7. Any work that is not claimed 30 days after the final day of the exhibition may become the property of PCCA. PCCA will be deep in preparation for the Art & Apples Festival at this point, and may be following modified business hours. Accepted artists can expect to receive special instructions regarding pick up of unsold artwork.
- Please limit entries to your best four (4) works.
Accepted 2D artwork must be ready for display. There are alternative ways to hanging work besides custom framing. If you are unable to frame your work, consider mounting it to a sturdy art (archival) board, wood, or even stretched/primed canvas. If you are submitting a painting on canvas or panel, simply add the hanging hardware to the back. Framing is the preferred method of display as it helps protect and showcase the artwork. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions on displaying your accepted artwork.
For more information or questions please contact [email protected], or Jenny at 248-651-4110 ext. 206.