Student and Faculty Exhibition
Paint Creek Center for the Arts is now accepting submissions for our 2018 Student & Faculty Exhibition that will be held from March 3rd-March 24, 2018.
If you were a student in one of the following terms, or are currently enrolled in Private Lessons at PCCA, you are eligible to submit: Winter 2018, Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Spring 2017.
In your submission you must include the following:
- Artist Name
- Title of work, medium, & dimensions (if framed, please include the final framed size)
- Date work was created
- Instructors Name/Class work was predominantly created in
- Retail Price (insurance value)
- Submission Fee: $5.00
Please make payment to PCCA upon submission by the deadline Wednesday, January 31, 2018 at 5pm. All Students & Faculty are required to pay a submission fee ($5) to cover exhibition expenses. There will be no extra charge if your work is NFS (not for sale).
At this time, we can not accept any work that is brought into PCCA for consideration.
The deadline to submit your work is Wednesday, January 31, 2018 by 5pm. Submissions not received by this date will not be considered for inclusion in the 2018 Student & Faculty Exhibition.
Guidelines and Information
- Open to Students & Faculty of Paint Creek Center for the Arts who participated in the following terms: Fall 2017, Summer 2017, Spring 2017. Or who are currently enrolled in the Winter 2018 term.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work that has been previously exhibited in our Exhibition Gallery, Offsite Gallery, or Art Market will not be accepted.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Exhibitions and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA, picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell).
- PCCA retains 30% commission on sales of artwork sold for Artists who are PCCA Members, and 40% for non-members.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via email on February 2, 2018 by 5 PM. If your work is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter along with an artist contract and inventory sheet. These documents must be completed and returned to PCCA upon the delivery of your work. If you are unable to access the documents, copies will be provided for you at PCCA.
- All accepted works must arrive to PCCA between Monday February 12 – Saturday, February 24.
- Artists must bring only accepted works to the gallery for the exhibition. Work in the exhibition must be the work the artist originally submitted for consideration.
- Artists MUST pick up any unsold work between Monday, May 26 – Saturday, May 31, 2018. Any work that is not claimed 30 days after the final day of the exhibition may become the property of PCCA.
- Please limit entries to your best four (4) works.
Accepted 2D artwork must be ready for display. There are alternative ways to hanging work besides custom framing. If you are unable to frame your work, consider mounting it to a sturdy art (archival) board, wood, or even stretched/primed canvas. If you are submitting a painting on canvas or panel, simply add the hanging hardware to the back. Framing is the preferred method of display as it helps protect and showcase the artwork. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions on displaying your accepted artwork.
For more information or questions please contact [email protected], or Jenny at 248-651-4110 ext 206.
Submissions for the 2018 Student & Faculty Exhibition are currently open.