Student and Faculty Exhibition
Paint Creek Center for the Arts is now accepting submissions for our 2019 Student & Faculty Exhibition that will be held from April 27 – June 1, 2019.
If you were a student or faculty member in one of the following terms, or are currently enrolled in Private Lessons at PCCA, you are eligible to submit: Winter, 2018 Spring 2018, Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Winter 2019.
The deadline to submit your work for the 2019 Student & Faculty exhibition is March 1, 2019.Unfortunately, late applications can not be accepted.
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] and MUST include the following:
- Your/Artist Name
- FOR EACH PIECE SUBMITTED: Title of work, medium, and dimensions (if framed, please include the final framed size!)
- Year work was created
- Instructors Name/Class work was predominantly created in.
- Retail Price (insurance value if Not for Sale. If Not for Sale, please note this!)
Artwork should be included as an attachment to the email, and each file should be titled with your last name and the name of the work to avoid any confusion when work is sent on for jury.
We can not accept any work that is brought into PCCA for consideration.
Guidelines and Information
- Open to students and faculty of Paint Creek Center for the Arts who participated in the following terms Winter 2018, Spring 2018, Summer 2018, Fall 2018 or who are currently enrolled in the Winter 2019 term.
- All entries must be original hand-crafted work, designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- Work that has been previously exhibited in our Exhibition Gallery, Offsite (Rochester Hills City Hall) Gallery, or Art Market will not be accepted and should not be submitted for inclusion.
- No kit work or commercial reproductions of any kind allowed.
- PCCA reserves the right to reject any entry which is unsuitable in size or fragility, does not meet the guidelines specified, or is not representative of the work juried.
- PCCA reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Art Exhibitions and for future promotional materials for PCCA.
- Artist is responsible for bringing work to PCCA, picking work up, or for covering shipping costs both to and from PCCA (if work does not sell).
- PCCA retains 30% commission on sales of artwork sold for Artists who are PCCA Members, and 40% for non-members.
- SALES TAX: PCCA collects, reports, and pays all sales tax.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via email on Friday, March 22, 2019 by 5 PM. If your work is accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter along with an artist contract, w9 and inventory sheet. These documents must be completed and returned to PCCA at the time of artwork delivery.
- All accepted works must arrive to PCCA between Monday, March 25 – Saturday, April 6, 2019. Work not delivered by the April 6 deadline will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists must bring only accepted works to the gallery for the exhibition. Work in the exhibition must be the work the artist originally submitted for consideration. PCCA will not accept or display any work that was not part of the jury process for selection.
- Artists MUST pick up any unsold work between Monday, June 3 – Saturday, June 15, 2019. Any work that is not claimed 30 days after the final day of the exhibition may become the property of PCCA.
- Please limit entries to your best three (3) works.
Accepted artwork must be ready for display. There are alternative ways to hang 2D artwork besides custom framing! If you are unable to frame your work, consider mounting it to a sturdy art (archival) board, wood, or even stretched/primed canvas. If you are submitting a painting on canvas or panel, simply add the hanging hardware to the back. Framing is the preferred method of display as it helps protect and showcase the artwork long term. Please contact [email protected] if you have any questions on displaying your accepted artwork.
For more information or questions please contact [email protected], or Jenny at 248-651-4110 ext 203.