Community Program Announcement!
On January 25, 2021, all Rochester Hills K-12 students (and students attending schools that primarily serve Rochester Hills) will be invited to submit artwork exemplifying the theme: “What Community Means to Me”.
Winning pieces will be enlarged and printed directly on the asphalt surface of Auburn Road. This style of printing has an expected lifespan of up to 10 years!
ART ON AUBURN is a great way to engage K-12 students in their Rochester Hills community through art!
Selected artwork will be printed in 6-7’ diameter circles on the surface of Auburn Road. Printed art has an expected lifespan of up to 10 years.
K-12 students attending Rochester and Avondale public schools, as well as other schools primarily serving Rochester Hills students, will be invited to create art that exemplifies “What Community Means to Me.”
- On Monday, January 25th , the Call for Art will be distributed to teachers and administrators through e-mailed flyers, a link to a video announcement and FAQ page, and a link to a live virtual workshop.
- The virtual FAQ session will be held on Thursday, January 28th to explain the guidelines, discuss scoring criteria, and answer student questions. After completion, the workshop will be recorded and posted online.
- Students can submit artwork online through the pccart.org website portal from February 1st through 28th.
- A jury of artists and community representatives will select 50 outstanding works of art by students in each age range for public vote.
- March 15-26, community members will vote for their favorite artworks to be printed.
- The top 20 (or more) winning works of art will be optimized for printing on asphalt.
- Pieces will be unveiled at a community-wide celebration in the spring or summer of 2021!
For more information about Art on Auburn and download the application template, click here.
ART ON AUBURN is a collaboration between the City of Rochester Hills, Paint Creek Center for the Arts, and Rochester Hills students.
Art on Auburn School Steering Committee Members include Dustin Coleman, Wendy Darga, Diane Freeman Heath, Amy King, Racheal Mainero, and Chairwoman Teckla Rhoads. For more information, contact Elizabeth (Beth) Chilton: [email protected]