Food Vendors at the Art & Apples Festival®
Paint Creek Center for the Arts prides itself on it’s inclusion of local vendors alongside well-known businesses to ensure a well-rounded variety of offerings for it’s Festival patrons and participants. Food offerings range from traditional faire finds like apple pies, hot dogs and fries to more unconventional and novelty items like wok-fried noodles, BBQ and smoothies.
Interested in vending at the 2021 Art & Apples Festival®? All licensed vendors are welcome and encouraged to apply. Before submitting your application, be sure to read the requirements and information section below.
Above photos from the 2019 Art & Apples Festival taken by The Finding Co.
Click to enlarge.
Participant Requirements & Information
Application deadline: Saturday, May 15, 2021.
Acceptance announcement: Saturday, June 12, 2021 (by email)
- License & Health Department: PCCA requires that all participating food vendors be licensed to sell in Oakland County and inspected by the Department of Health & Food Services prior to opening for business at the Festival. The Oakland County Health Department will be present and on-site during set up on Friday morning to ensure that all food vendors are meeting necessary food handling requirements.
- Vendors are responsible for obtaining any licenses needed to operate and following all food safety standards
- Application fee: $500 deposit is required per vendor application.
- If you are selected to vend, the $500 is deducted from your space fees.
- If you are NOT selected to participate, the full $500 will be refunded back to you.
- Space fee: Your space fee is determined by the footprint of your actual set up, including any external refrigeration units.
- 10′ x 10′ space: $1,000 ($500 after application fee deducted)
- 10′ wide x 20′ deep & 20′ wide x 10′ deep: $2,000 ($1,500 after application fee deducted)
- 20′ x 20′ and trailer spaces: $2,500 ($2,000 after application fee deducted)
- Spaces larger than 20′ x 20′ are limited and fee is determined by needs. Please contact [email protected] if you have custom space needs.
- Electrical Fees: PCCA hires an outside contractor to provide elctric to the stage and all food vendors participating in the festival. At this time, outside generators are not permitted in the Festival. Every food vendor is provided with 20 amps of electric as part of their regular space fees. If your set up requires additional amps, additional fees will be incurred at a rate of $150/20 amps. The maximum amps available to any one vendor during the festival is 60.
- Menu: PCCA makes every effort to avoid duplication of main food and beverage items. Sides like fries and chips, beverages, and condiments aren’t strictly enforced. PCCA reserves the right to approve or deny menu items upon acceptance to limit competition between food vendors. PS- We LOVE to see apple related products- it’s in the Festival name!
- Responsibilities: Vendors are solely responsible for staffing and any necessities of operating their business, including but not limited to: tables, chairs, tents/coverings, water, licenses, condiments, plastic ware, cash handling, inventory AND trash removal.
- Trash & Food Waste: Park crew will be on-site to change patron trash cans throughout the festival but vendors MUST dispose of any waste product themselves. Please do not leave volunteers with piles of food waste to clean up after the festival.
- Hours: Vendors are expected to remain open throughout the duration of the Festival. Festival hours are Friday, Sept. 10: 3-8PM, Saturday, Sept. 11: 9AM-8PM, and Sunday, Sept. 12: 9Am-4PM.
- Acceptance: If you are selected to participate, PCCA will contact you by EMAIL with a contract and invoice for any remaining space and electrical fees due to PCCA no later than July 10, 2021.